Law Offices Charles D. Soule Esq New York Immigration Corporate Entertainment Lawyer
Immigration Corporate Entertainment
Immigration Law
Non-Immigrant (Temporary) Visas
Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)
    • Employment-Based Green Cards
    • Family-Based Green Cards
Naturalization / Citizenship
PERM Labor Certifications
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Corporate Law
Company Formation
Investments / Private Equity

Entertainment Law
Contract Negotiation & Drafting

Tel: 800-707-9750
Fax: 646-365-3496

Foreign individuals who wish to work in the United States on a permanent basis may obtain a green card through the filing of an employment-based green card petition.  The USCIS provides many different paths by which employment-based permanent residency can be achieved.  Certain paths are derived from the experience and/or education level required to perform the sponsored job, and others are related to investment in the United States or achievement of significant professional milestones.  A discussion of several of the more common employment-based green card paths is provided below:

First-Preference (Extraordinary Ability)

Second-Preference (Advanced Degree positions/Exceptional Ability/National Interest Waiver)

Third-Preference (Professional positions/Skilled Worker/Bachelor’s Degree)

Fourth-Preference (Special Categories)

Fifth-Preference (Investor)

Please note that the categories listed above are not exhaustive, and there are many other categories within which you might fall for your employment-based green card.  Contact us today to discuss your immigrant visa options.