Law Offices Charles D. Soule Esq New York Immigration Corporate Entertainment Lawyer
Immigration Corporate Entertainment
Immigration Law
Non-Immigrant (Temporary) Visas
Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)
    • Employment-Based Green Cards
    • Family-Based Green Cards
Naturalization / Citizenship
PERM Labor Certifications
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Corporate Law
Company Formation
Investments / Private Equity

Entertainment Law
Contract Negotiation & Drafting

Tel: 800-707-9750
Fax: 646-365-3496

Individuals who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents are entitled to live and work in the United States only with specific authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).  Persons who qualify may petition for permanent residency in the US, which is often referred to as a “green card.”  In general, green card petitions fall into two categories: employment-based and family-based.  Employment-based green cards are obtained in connection with a person’s skills, qualifications, educational background, job offers, etc.  They often require the sponsorship of a US-based employer before the petition can be filed.  Family-based green cards are obtained due to the beneficiary’s relationship to a US citizen or permanent resident.  Many different types of family relationships can offer green card status, including spousal, parent-child, brother-sister and others.

 Many restrictions and requirements apply for both employment-based and family-based green card applications.  More information for each category is provided below.

Employment-Based Green Cards

Family-Based Green Cards